Young adult leaders are often met with many different opportunities and challenges when entering into a new organizational context. The Organizational Leadership for the Young Adult course aims to assist young adults new to the workforce by understanding and engaging strategies that can contribute to the mission, vision, and values of their organization. Students will learn how to define what it means to lead, engage development of a leader’s personal life, personal ethics, decision-making, and understand proven leadership strategies in context. Lastly, students will learn how to make an immediate impact in a new employment context.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Identify the components essential for personal and vocational development.
- Identify and cognitively develop the leadership roles in a business environment.
- Delineate the principles and habits of effective leadership.
- Discover and apply the leadership process in a work environment.
- Understand and appreciate the implications of leadership in terms of mission, vision, and values of an organization.