Next Session: Oct 21 - Dec 17, 2020
This 8-week course prepares students to provide effective leadership in church-based family ministry programs for ages birth through high school. Students will develop strategic thinking and patterns of resourcing and staffing in family ministry.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Contrast approaches to family ministry in the modern church.
- Evaluate current ministries for effectiveness and compliance to model.
- Formulate strategies for transition from a model in which age-graded ministries work alone to a family ministry model.
- Construct plans to integrate department leaders as one team to establish and manage an overall strategy for programming, calendar, and budgets.
- Select content as a catalyst to generate meaningful interaction with friends, groups, and family.
- Construct a culture that values small group leaders who graduate into older age groups with the children or teenagers they lead.
- Describe volunteer management best practices to ensure self-efficacy, satisfaction, organizational commitment, and intent to remain.
*Course is offered online only.