This course is a study of the biblical materials as they relate to pastoral ministry. The course includes an overview of the pastoral theology, principles of decision making, and pastoral functions including weddings, funerals, baptism, communion, baby dedication, pastoral visitation, and worship service leading. This course requires careful study of and reflection upon the appropriate biblical texts.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Comprehend the principles of practical theology, including how to integrate them in effective congregational leadership.
- Apply effective methods of decision making.
- Comprehend the elements involved in the nurture and care of a congregation.
- Explain the theological foundations for common Christian ordinances, sacraments, and practices.
- Compose weddings, funerals, and water baptismal services.Create effective worship services.